Abode {W}

Thursday, August 4, 2011

pretty, happy, funny, real

 Pretty- Mary, queen of the garden. Looking north, to the woods behind our back blueberry field
 Happy- Out of all forty plum trees, only two pollinated and bore fruit. Two more trees are laden down with one plum apiece! However, these plums are so good, and I am grateful to have at least two trees full!
 Ella and Evangeline posing with a mannequin at the Great Oregon Steam Up. The "lady" is in the truck museum every year, but always in a different location and with a different outfit.
Real-We start them out early around here! Stuart actually loves to help with farm work, and even helps unload pipe from the trailer. Little does he know how much of this is in his future!

Joining Like Mother, Like daughter for another round of {phfr}, a fine weekly tradition!

7 comments:

  1. I am insanely jealous of those plums! And a good friend has a two year old daughter named Ella and is due in two months with an Evangeline...small world :)
    Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mary! My Mary garden was slowly coming along, but the heat is really hurting it now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMmmm, fresh plums :) Your Mary has a great spot, looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two year old is a very big helper and I encourage him hoping he'll be as helpful when he really IS helpful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pictures, Mrs. Fordyce. The mannequin gave me a start -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, she gives me a start every year as well, since she is always somewhere different! My children used to be terrified of her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great helper you have there. Isn't it fun that kids want to help.

    I love your mary statue too. It looks like a beautiful, peaceful spot in your garden.

    ReplyDelete