Abode {W}

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday mornings

I love Saturday mornings in winter. In summer and fall, our Saturdays are busy,busy, busy as it is the day of the week that  most people come u-picking and to the pumpkin patch. In winter, it is a different story altogether. We usually have nowhere to go, and I am not in a rush trying to get through my housework before starting school. This is my morning to linger. To sip my latte slowly, let the children sleep as late as they want, and not worry about what needs to be done next. My awesome sister (all of my sisters are awesome, in this case I refer to my sister Sally) gave me a Bialetti stove top espresso maker for Christmas, along with a milk frother. I am now making lattes every morning (and afternoon) that are, quite honestly, better than the ones I buy at Starbucks! If you know me well, you know that I love Starbucks, so to be able to make a latte that is an improvement upon Starbucks is pretty cool! I have also been making all of our bread this winter, using the book "Artisan Bread in Just Five Minutes a Day." I love this bread, and it really is easy. A big latte coupled with a hunk of warm bread slathered with butter makes a wonderful breakfast! If only I had some Nutella, breakfast would be heavenly! Happy Saturday! The picture is of my sister Sally (giver of good coffee making gifts) and my daughter, Estelle. Someday, I will figure out how to put the picture where I want it to belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment