Abode {W}

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

cloudy skies

I had such big plans for the weekend! Saturday was supposed to be sunny(ish) and warm, and I was going to talk a nice long walk with my girls and Stuart. Movie night with friends that evening rounded out my plans for a lovely weekend. In actuality, I spent the whole weekend in bed, coughing until I retched. I coughed all night as well, so got no sleep. Too sick to knit, talk, cook, or enjoy leisurely walks. I wish I could say that I read good books, prayed for hours, or at least tried to make the most of my down time. I didn't. I just lay in bed and felt sorry for myself, thinking of all the things I wanted/needed to do. I am just now feeling semi-normal, and not going out much yet because I am still prone to those coughing fits which leave me retching and gagging-not pleasant to have in Target! It turns out that I didn't miss out on nice spring weather, as it was cold, windy, and at least semi-cloudy all weekend. One consolation!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do take care of yourself. Have a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon, go to bed and just rest. Everything you listed can be done another time, right? Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Tracey! I have been drinking a lot of hot water with honey and lemon, that has helped more than any thing else.

    ReplyDelete