Abode {W}

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

yarn along, shawl for Estelle

Joining small things for a yarn along this week. I have not participated for a few weeks, because I have had no time to knit. I am stuck on my sweater (how DO you bind off for the sleeves???) and needed a new project. A friend gave me this fun yarn, so I am making a little shawl for my daughter Estelle. She is thrilled, and checks my progress hourly. As you can see, I am only getting started, and the yarn is thin. It might take a while. My mother started knitting me a shawl when I was six, and it is still not done, 36 years later. I hope history does not repeat itself! My current books are Heavy Weather by P.G. Wodehouse and Super Natural Every Day by Heidi Swanson. My father loved Wodehouse, and so I started reading them when I was about 12. I go through and re-read them every few years or so, and Heavy Weather has always been a favorite. And, I am loving the cook book Super Natural Every Day. Full of good recipes, great advice, and beautiful pictures. I made the roasted chick peas to go with our curry for dinner tonight, and they were delicious. I am planning on making her baked oatmeal for breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend this one!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great cookbook! I haven't read any Wodehouse...now I'm curious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please don't wait 36 years to finish! I love the color of the yarn and I can't wait to see it complete. I have Super Natural Every Day on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't read any Wodehouse, but have listened in the car -- Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete