Abode {W}

Friday, February 11, 2011

challah

I have had the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day for  about 9 months now. Love, love, love the book. I had been making the master recipe and shaping it in to rounds, and this had become our daily bread. So easy, everyone loves it. Just in the last month, I read through the rest of the book, and decided to branch out a bit. I started making the whole wheat bread, then the whole wheat sandwich loaf, then the white sandwich loaf. All excellent, and even my non-whole wheat eating children loved the whole wheat bread. The farmer also prefers it to white bread. Then, the farmer saw the recipe for challah bread. Turns out, he loves challah bread. Usually bread with instructions like "divide the dough in to even portions and roll into ropes and braid" break me out in to a nervous sweat. I end up with a sticky mass of grey worm like ropes, and it all turns into a foul lump when I try to braid it. This? Nothing like that at all. The dough was so easy to work with, and the finished result not only looks good, but tatses delicious as well! Every recipe from this book has been like that. I am now making all of our bread, and challah will be part of my weekly rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment