Abode {W}

Sunday, February 13, 2011

favorites

Just for fun, here is a list of my favorite ingredients. Things I am likely to keep on hand to make a favorite recipe, and things I just can't imagine not having in my pantry. So, with out further ado, here is my list of things that bring me happiness in the culinary realm.
Hazelnuts, whole unroasted. they go rancid quickly once roasted, so I roast as needed.
vermouth- makes any sauce better
sea salt
pepper in a grinder
butter, never margarine. Going to try making ghee this week.
Homemade kefir
polenta
tomato paste
coffee-brings me happiness in general, not just culinary!
brown rice syrup-makes the best granola bars
maple syrup
fresh lemons
fresh herbs-I usually keep thyme and basil, and have a rosemary bush in the yard.
smoked paprika
butternut squash-squash fries, curried squash soup, etc.
This is making me hungry! Time to go find a snack!



No comments:

Post a Comment